Saturday, 28 July 2012

Super Junior’s Sungmin and FT Island’s Seunghyun Talk About Performing in Musicals


Super Junior’s Sungmin and FT Island’s Seunghyun are both taking on the role of ‘Daniel’ in this year’s musical performance of “Jack the Ripper” and on July 25th, they discussed their feelings about performing in musicals at the press conference.
Sungmin, who performed as ‘Daniel’ in “Jack the Ripper” last year, told the press, “Even though I am an idol, I want to perform in musicals.”
When he was asked about performing in the same musical as last year, he answered, “After I finished appearing in the musical last year, I had some regrets. That’s why I wanted to give a better performance this time.”
He continued, “I have been interested in musicals since I was a little boy, so i majored in acting while in university. I”m learning how to act at school. I’m happy that I get to appear in the musical.”
As for Seunghyun, this will be his first time appearing in a musical, and he expressed his excitement saying, “I was so happy to receive an offer asking me to appear on the musical. …I was really excited about appearing in the musical. I’m learning the pleasure of acting while performing with veteran actors.”
He continued, “Since I was a member of the band for a long time, it was difficult for me to perform in musicals because there were lots of different things happening. I”m still afraid of those things but I’m trying to overcome with it.”
Both idols will play ‘Daniel’, a man who is involved with a risky deal with the girl he loves. The show will be performed in Korea from July 20th through August 25th before they head to Tokyo, Japan in September.
Source 12
via Ningin

No comments:

Advertisement