Monday, 5 November 2012

[Star of the Week] Super Junior’s Leeteuk’s Super Leader Moments


Maybe Super Junior’s Leeteuk really is irreplaceable

Earlier this week, we bid a bittersweet farewell to Super Junior’s Leeteuk, who began his mandatory military service on October 30, and today, we’re looking back on the moments that affirm his leadership skills

Leeteuk’s strengths (and weaknesses)

The Super Junior members were once guests on the election special of MBC’s Quiz That Changes the World, where Eunhyuk revealed why Leeteuk makes a great leader. 

When asked who he’d choose as the leader, Eunhyuk said, “I’d, of course, pick Leeteuk. He does all of the dirty work. And when we get in trouble, he takes it by himself.”

Eunhyuk, however, also mentioned that Leeteuk likes to pay people a lot of lip service. Some may consider this a weakness, but the quality did the Super Junior leader some good, when he later redeemed himself by saying that if he could, he’d make Super Junior a co-ed group, which, for obvious reasons, excited the other members. 



Other idol group leaders declare Leeteuk is the best

It appears the Super Junior members aren’t the only ones who recognize Leeteuk’s exceptional leadership skills.

On MBC’s Weekly Idol, other idol group leaders were asked to vote for who they thought was the best leader, and Super Junior’s Leeteuk came out on top. 

Brown Eyed Girls’ Jea, Rainbow’s Jae Kyung and FT Island’s Jong Hun were among the idol group leaders who vote for Leeteuk. 

It’s not easy keeping a bunch of boys in line, and Super Junior’s Kim Heechul once said, “When I would run around and ruin the group’s image, Leeteuk would sort it out.” 

We’re sold.



The Super Junior members express their gratitude

Leeteuk, Choi Siwon, Shindong and Eunhyuk appeared on the September 12 broadcast of MBC’s Radio Star, where the members, putting all jokes aside (very momentarily, said some sweet things to their leader.

Eunhyuk said, “Without Teukie hyung, I often wonder if Super Junior would’ve lasted this long. He played a really important role.”

“He’s been through a lot,” said Shindong. “And I’m really grateful [for him]. Because he’s going to go through a lot in two years as well. I feel like all I can ever say is thank you, and I feel bad about that. I wished he’d remain the leader forever.”

Siwon said, “As a leader, he’s been through a lot. When others would express their discontent, he would keep it all inside, and I think that’s why this team has survived.” Siwon also added, “And I want to tell him that I love him a lot. I don’t think I ever told him that I love him.”

Kyuhyun closed by saying, “Wherever Teukie hyung goes, in my heart, he’s the only leader.”



Leeteuk’s wise words

In a rare moment of candidness, Leeteuk opened up about how he truly felt as Super Junior’s leader. 

The clip is rather old, but we think his sentiments still ring true today. 

Leeteuk said, “Someone once asked me: What will you do when, one day, after being in the spotlight, your fans leave you and there’s no one around you? How will you get through the loneliness? I guess I have to work hard so that doesn’t happen. I know what my weaknesses are, and of course, as humans, there are flaws we recognize in ourselves but can’t fix. And whether you succeed or fail depends on whether you fix those flaws, but I think there’s still time.”

Try not to get emotional as you watch this clip!

via enewsworld

No comments:

Advertisement