Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Super Junior′s Leeteuk Clears Up Rumors Related to Kim Yuna

On SBS′ Strong Heart, Leeteuk cleared up rumors that figure skater Kim Yuna had turned down his friend request on Cyworld.

The singer made it onto the first page of newspapers for the first time because of these rumors.

Leeteuk said, "While we were modeling for school uniforms together in 2007, Yesung was on the computer when Kim Yuna came to him and asked him what he was doing. Yesung asked, ′Want to be friends [on Cyworld] with me?′ and I added, ′Can I be friends with you too?′ This was exaggerated to seem like she had turned down my friend request."

The misunderstanding branched from articles for a program he had appeared in. He had told the story on that program for the first time, and the preview articles for the show expressed the incident as an ′embarrassing shut down.′

Because of this, more than 500,000 Super Junior fans visited Kim Yuna′s mini homepage, putting her in an awkward situation.

Leeteuk said, "I apologized on the radio and I contacted her in person to apologize too. Thankfully, Kim Yuna understood with a kind heart."

"I don′t keep in touch with Kim Yuna now," he said. "I again want to apologize. I hope she works hard for the Sochi Olympics, and becomes a star that helps Korea shine."
via enewsworld

No comments:

Advertisement